Thứ Năm, 17 tháng 2, 2011

BÀI TẬP: MỆNH ĐỀ QUAN HỆ 01

A: Complete the sentences with the correct relative pronons, who, whom, which, that, when, where
1. Alexander Fleming was the man _____________ discovered penicillin.
2. I like meeting people _____________ have travelled widely.
3. The school _____________ I was educated has been demolished.
4. The man _____________ I was talking to last week gave me another version of the
events.
5. I am working for a construction company _____________ head office is in Leeds.
6. My grandfather, _____________ was an extraordinary pianist, lived until the age of 78.
7. The book _____________ we read in the course was written by Roald Dahl.
8. For years he lived a life _____________ was very pleasurable.
9. My car, _____________ I bought in Germany, needs repairing.
10. Jeremy, _____________ is a famous author, is coming to see me today.
11. The baker……………… I gave my check was quite friendly.
12 I was invited by the girl……………….. I met at Ethels' birthday party.
13.I went to the restaurant………………… Jane recommended to us
14.These walls are all……………………. remain of the city
15. We reciveed an offer of 80,000 USD for the house,………………….. we accepted
16 The man………………….. wife you met lives next door.
17. Is there anything……………………I can do to help?
18.One of the people…………………… were arrested was Mary.
19.The professor……………………….I talked to didn't know the answer to my question.
20. A child……………………….mother loves him or her will grow up with confidence.
21 Many people just couldn't keep promises………………….. require a lot of effort to fulfil.
22. Tom is a student…………………. has received the scholarship from his university
23. Betty White, ……………is a nurse in a small town, is said to get married
24. The actor was born and grew up in a small town……………. his father had spent his childhood long ago
25.We have ever met the famous professor……………. we highly appreciate
26. Miss Betty Jane bought a radio……………………… cost $ 20
27. There are a lot of English books and dictionaries…………… are put on the selves.
28. She is the most dedicated teacher………….. all her students highly appreciated
29. He is the only leader …………….. will be expected to come to see this village.
30. Sunday is the day……………. all state employees, pupils and students have a day off
31 The house, ……………… is located by the lake , is said to be the most beautiful in this town.
32. Her mother is a good doctor ……………… you met in a shop yesterday
33. The secretary gave me a long document…………… she had already typed.
34.Is there anyone…………….can help you to do that
35.Let me all the letter……………..you have already written
36. Nepal is a country…………… both Buddhism and Hinduism are practised
37.Mrs Linda,……………. you met yesterday, will come to see our village in two days
38 In 1970, …………………..I was born, the villager were building that bridge


B Find and correct the mistakes in the following sentences if necessary.
1. The man which lives next door is very friendly.
2. Everything what he said was correct.
3. The person which I wanted to see was not available until Monday.
4. Yesterday I met Mario who told me he was getting married. .
5. Mr Smith is going to go to Moscow where his daughter has been living for some time
now.
6. Mr Carlisle, whom I spoke last night, is very interested in our new project.
7. She couldn't come to the conference that was a pity.
8. Suzanna has many friends, most of which she went to school with.
9. She tried on several jackets, none of whom fit her.
10. Melanie, that has just bought a house near Gatwick, is getting married.
11. This is my brother, who's wife is French
12. He didn't wait at the traffic lights who were red.
13. Samuel Johnson who was born in 1709 was the son of a bookseller.
14. I don't like people talk too much
15. My only brother, who lives in Sidney, came to see me last month
16. The shoes whom I bought yesterday are very comfortable.
17. Do you know the girl which I danced with.?
18. The apples that we bought in the shop are bad
19 Apples that we bought in the shop are bad.
20. That's the car whose brakes are being repared.


C Combine the two sentences , using a relative pronoun. Decide whether the relative clause needs commas.

1. A plane crashed into the ocean yesterday. It was carrying 345 passengers.
2. The paintings have now been recovered. They were stolen from a mansion in London.
3. At the end of the street is a path. The path leads to a lake.
4. I live in a very nice flat. It overlooks some beautiful gardens.
5. Somebody phoned while you were in town. He was called Jack. 6. She will have to pass this English test. This will be very difficult.
7. Saturday is the day. I am free on Saturday.
8. Hong is his girlfriend. Her father is going to go to China next year.
9. Nam is the most intelligent student. I have ever met him.
10. The nurse is taking care of the patient. The patient's legs were broken in an accident yesterday.
11. They were born in the village near the Tra river. They spent their childhood there.
12.She never say any thing. It is worth listening to.
13. The doctor is not here today. You spoke to the doctor yesterday.
14. His house is very nice. His house has a front garden many rooms.
15 Look at the teacher. He is talking to his pupil.
16 Ireland exports computer components. They are made mostly in Dublin.
17 John looked anxiously at his watch. He wished he hadn't come to the party.
18 There were a lot of people here earlier. They wanted to talk to you.
19 There was an actor there. His work took him all over the world.
20 I was talking to a woman. Her husband was killed in the war.
21 The man got on the bus. He was carrying a cat in a box.
22 Somebody called while you were out. I can't remember his name.
23 I work mainly in the Marketing Department. It is the smallest department in the company.
24. My boss decided to employ me as his assistant. His work takes him all over the world.
25. That woman is a TV reporter. She is standing in the elevator.
26. A person should visit Paris . That person wishes to have a spectacular view.
27 Adam Wilkinson is the mayor of the cityin the 70s. His family is politically active.
28. A car can be expensive. It has all the latest improvement.
29. The Volkswagen is cute. it look like a bug.
30. The President is supposed to provide leadership. He is a symbol of dignity.
31. English is the language used in avitation. It is spoken around the world
32.I can't find the book anywhere. My friend asked me to lend it to him.
33. That pretty woman has married three times. She is wearing a big red hat.
34. I like the TV program about a funny guy. His brother taped his mouth shut to stop him from snoring.
35. My friend didn't make it to the movies on time . It disappointed me.
36 Romeo and Juliet were lovers. Their parents hated each other.
37. There wasn't any directory in the telephone box. I was phoning from this box.
38. The man was sitting at the desk. I had come to see this man.
39.This is a story of a man . His wife suddenly loses her memory.
40. We will have to get across the frontier. This will be difficult.

Nguồn/ Source: http://thptxuanloc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3232

Không có nhận xét nào:

Soundtrak of DaiNgan'Blog