Thứ Ba, 15 tháng 2, 2011

BÀI TẬP: VERB FORM

BÀI 1: Chia động từ trong ngoặc


1. The sun (rise) in the East.
2. Tom (come) from England.
3. I (be) a student.
4. Mary often (go) to school by bicycle.
5. I (get) up early every morning.
6. What you (do) every night?
7. He (be) a good pupil.
8. He (be) not a good pupil.
9. My brother (can) swim.
10. My brother (can) not swin.
11. She (do) not like offee.
12. They (do) not want new shoes.
13. You (tired) now?
14. Can Peter (drive) a car?
15. Her father (like) tea.
16. Her father (like) tea?
17. They (do) their homework every day.
18. They (do) their homework every day?
19. The children (play) football now.
20. What you (do) at the moment?
21. Look! The child (cry).
22. Be quiet! The baby (sleep) in the next room.
23. He (come) tomorrow.
24. My parents (plant) trees tomorrow.
25. I (tired) now.
26. She (want) to go for a walk at the moment.
27. You (understand) your lesson?
28. Yes, I (understand) it now.
29. I just (see) my sister in the park.
30. She (finish) her homework recently.
31. Daisy (read) that novel several times.
32. I (see) “Titanic” three times.
33. Mary (live) in this house for ten years.
34. They (study) English since 1990.
35. I (go) to Hanoi.
36. He (do) his housework.
37. He (see) her. (but) He said that he had just seen her.
38. I already (do) my exercises. (but) When I came, they had already shown the film.
39. I (study) French for five years.
40. They (live) in this city since 1995.
41. How long you (wait) for her?
42. Tom (go) to Paris last summer.
43. My mother (leave) this city two years ago.
44. He (die) 1980.
45. He (be) absent from class yesterday.
46. I (can) not open the door last night.
47. He not (watch) TV last night.
48. She (go) to the cinema with him last Sunday.
49. They (be) in hospital last month?
50. She (can) answer your questions then?
51. You (see) my son, tom?
52. Yesterday, Mr Moore (work) in the laboratory all the afternoon.
53. What you (do) from 3p.m to 6p.m yesterday?
54. I (do) my homework at 6p.m last Sunday.
55. They (practice) English at that time.
56. What you (do) at this time yesterday?
57. When I (come) yesterday, he (sleep).
58. What she (do) when you (see) her?
59. As we (cross) the street, the policeman (shout) at us.
60. Yesterday, I (cook) while my sister (wash) the dishes.
61. When the student (heard) the bell, the left. 
61. He (feel) tired at that time. 
62. We (live) in Hue before 1975.
63. When I (get) up this morning, my father already (leave).
64. After the children (finish) their homework, they (go) to bed.
65. It (be) the most difficult question that I ever (know).
66. The men (play) cards for 3 hours before I came.
67. They (live) in London for 10 years when I met them.
68. I (call) you tomorrow.
69. He (come) back next week.
70. What you be (do) when I come tomorrow?
71. He (do) research at this time tomorrow.
72. When you come today, I (work) at my desk.
73. She (live) in this house in May (next year.).
74. I (finish) my work by noon.
75. They (build) that house by July next year.
76. When you come back, I (write) this letter.
77. By November, we (live) in this house for 10 years.
78. By March 15th. I (work) for this company for 6 years.
79. My father (retire).
80. Where you (go) to spend your holidays?
81. People have said that London (fog).
82. She says she (finish) her homework already.
83. She said she (will) visit me again.
84. Tom says he (will) visit me again.
85. They had done that (be) necessary.
86. He says he (be) born in 1980.
87. My teacher said that the sun (rise) in the East.
88. Mary said that she (cook) then.
89. He never goes home before he (finish) his work.
90. I often read a newspaper while I (wait) for the bus.
91. We will go as soon as you (finish) you work.
92. It was raining hard when I (get) there.
93. The train had already left when I (arrive) at the station.
94. Please wait here until I (come) back.
95. She has played the piano since she (be) ten years old.
96. He has been studying English since she (come) here.

BÀI 2:


1. When he saw me he (ask) me (go) out
2. I make him (go).
3. I let him (go).
4. I see him (go).
5. He avoids (meet) me
6. I stop (eat). (tôi ngừng ăn).
7. I stop (eat). (tôi dừng lại để ăn).
8. I remember (meet) you somewhere last year.
9. Don't forget (buy) me a book.
10. I regret (lend) him the book.
11. I regret (tell) you that…
12. I try (eat) the cake he makes.
13. I try (avoid) meeting him.
14. I needn't (buy) it.
15. I need (buy) it.
16. The house needs (repair). A
16. The house needs (repair). B
17. I mean (go) out.
18. Failure on the exam means (have) to learn one more year.
19. After a short rest, the children go on (play).
20. After finishing the Math problem, we go on (do) the English exercises.
21. When a child, I usually (walk) to school.
22. When I came, he (already go) for 15 minutes.
23. Tomorrow I (wait) for you here when you come.
24. Yesterday I (eat) lunch when he came.
25. Be quiet! Someone (knock) at the door.
26. It was a beautiful morning. Birds (sing) in the trees.
27. Where is your mother? She (cook) in the kitchen.
28. While I (eat), my mother (cook).
29. He was out of breath. He (run) for 2 hours.
30. He is out of breath. He (run) for 2 hours.
31. By the time he is out of breath, he (run) for 2 hours.
32. He always (borrow) my money. (chỉ sự bực bội)
33. Would you like to come to my birthday party? We (have) a party at NN restaurant.
34. Tomorrow I (give) her this book when I (meet) her.
35. Tomorrow when you (arrive) at the airport, I (stand) at the gate.
36. By the time you (come), I (go) out.
37. I (play) soccer when it (begin) to rain.
38. When he (come) home, he (open) the door.
39. When Mr cucku lived in HCM city, he (study) at TBT school.
40. When he was a child, he (have) a habit of getting up late.
41. When I (come), he already (go) out.
42. When I (come), he (go) out for two hours.
43. I didn’t meet Tom because when I came, he (go) out.
44. We should avoid (play) with him.
45. We agree (start) early
46. She allowed me (use) her car
47. My father let me (drive) his car
48. He helped me (wash) my car
49. I made my brother (carry) my suitcase.
50. I got my brother to carry my suitcase.
51. I had my brother (carry) my suitcase.
52. I had my suitcase (carry) by my brother.

BÀI 3:


1. If you (stop) ………………. Working , you would be behind others.
2. At that time two boy who (go) _______ to a test site stopped and tookthe injured woman to the nearest hospital.
3. Mary has some difficulty (get) _________ up early in the morning.
4. Mr Herique Calisto (work) _______________ in Viet Nam for eight years now.
5. I can’t go home because it (rain) __________ now
6. Ton enjoys ( chat)______________ on the Internet in his free time.
7. I don’t have computer, I wish (have) _______________ one now.
8. If I didn’t live so far away from you , I (visit) ____________ you very often.
9. Three thousand cars (produce) ____________ next year.
10. A: I haven’t seen your father recently .
      B: He (go)  _________ to Japan to work since last September.
11. When I (come ___________ home , last night , my parents (watch)___________ TV.
12. He prefers (play) _____________ computer games to reading books.
13. While I (have)_____________ a bath, the telephone (ring) ______________
14. My little brother enjoys (watch) ____________ cartoons.
15. I suggest ( ride) ____________ bicycle to school instead of taking a bus.
16. Foreign tourists are interested in (read)_____________ about Vietnamese culture.
17. He is used to (stay)____________ up late very night.
18. We used to (walk __________ past the mosque on our way to school.
19. It takes her 15 minutes ( go) _____________ to school by bike everyday.
20. If you are not a more careful driver , you (have ) _________ an accident.
21. Don’t make any noise . My parents (take) ___________ their usual afternoon nap.
22. We(see) _______________ several old friends while we were in Ha Noi.
23. My brother (live) ____________ In Ho Chi Minh City since he left school.
24. My brother gets used to ( work)______________ in a noisy factory
25. I like reading novel (write) ________________ by Jack London.
26. My motorbike (steal)__________ when I (buy)_____________ a new shirt at a shop in the street.
27. Why do you keep (lock) _________ back? Are you afraid of (follow) ________
28. Her brother (talk) ________ to his classmate on the phone at the moment . They (not contact)_____________ to each since they (leave ) ____________ school.
29. The captain urged the footballers (run) ____________ faster
30. This is only one of his poems that (be ) _____________ worth reading.
31. The children prefer (watch) ________ TV to (read)_____________
32. I am looking forward to (see) ___________ you.
33. I wish (see) ________ the manager. If only he (be) ________ here right now.
34. There (be ) __________ a lot of changes since computers (invent)________
35. John wished he (be) __________an AmericaPresident, now. He (help) ________ the war victims.
36. If I (be ) ________  you , I (give ) _________________ her an English dictionary on her birthday.
37. Stop (make) _________ noise and start ( work)_____________
38. Jeans (make)______________ about 200 years ago , and now they (sell) ________ every corner of the world .
39. How about (go) ___________ to the beach and (play) ___________ volleyball there .
40. Those workers got used to ( work) __________ in a noisy factory
41. I (not see) ________________ your brother recently . He (not be ) _________ out of his room since he (buy)___________ a computer.
42. My parents advised me not( cross) ___________ the street quickly.
43. Don’t forget (lock) _________ the door before (go)  ___________ to bed.
44. My mother told me (not speak) ____________ to anyone about it
45. If I ( be ) ________ you , I (study) ___________ oversea.
46. She said she (go ) _________ to Ha Noi the following day.
47. Minh always (make) ____________ so much noise in the class , which annoys everyone.
48. Yesterday , when I (visit ) ___________ them , they (have ) _____________ lunch.
49. My brother wishes (study) _________in the USA but if only he (can) ________ speak English well.
50. I am getting used to (live) ____________ in a small flat in Ha  Noi.
51. He (intend ) __________ to study abroad since he (be) ____________in the secondary school . Thus , he is trying (learn) ________ English well.
52. _______ you (be) ________ in class 9A? -> No, I (be) ___________ in class 9B.
53. _______ you (be) _________ free next Sunday morning , Tam?
-> No, I and my brother ( visit) ___________ our grandmother.
54. While Lan (do) _________ her homework , her brother ( watch ) _______________ TV.
55. He usually (watch) ___________ cartoon during his meals when he (be) ________ a little child.
56. I (live ) ___________in Vinh since I (be ) _______________ born.
57. Trang (not be ) _____________ in her room at the moment . She (cook) ________ in the kitchen.
58. Look ! _________ you (know) _____________ the girl who (talk) __________ to Miss Hoa in the school yard?
60. Charles Dickens (not have ) ______________ a happy childhood because when he (be ) _________ young , his father (throw) _________ into prison for (be )____________ able to pay their debts.
61. If disasters ( happen) __________ in an area , people from the other area will offer their help .
62. She used (take ) ______________ to the theater by the Greens.

BÀI 4:


1. The shoes are too big for me _________ (wear).
2. She advised _________ until tomorrow. (wait)
3. He has decided ________ on Sunday morning. (leave)
4. The doctor told me _______ these pills. (take)
5. I promise ________ late again. (be)
6. I don’t understand his _______ school. (lave)
7. They _______ all kinds of rubbish now, but they once _______ good handmade furniture. (sell)
8. My mother often _______ cakes, and she ________ one now. (make)
9. Just as I _______ (leave), the phone __________ (ring).
10. I ___________ (never / taste ) kiwi before.
11. She _______ (type) since 6 o’clock.
12. He _________ (be) a newspaper reporter before he ________ (become) a businessman.
13. Mr.Jones _______ (be) a good teacher. He ________ (teach) here for 25 years.
14. Since classes _______ (begin), I _________ (not have) much free time.
15. I _______ (go) to a show last night.
16. What ___________ (learn / you) since you ________ (come) here ?
17. Until yesterday, I ___________ (never / hear) about it.
18. After the guests _________ (leave), I went to bed.
19. He _________ (not know) this grammar.
20. She __________ (appear) to be asleep.

BÀI 5:


1. The wedding party________ at the RexHotel.
a. is b. is being c. will be d. is going to be
2. How many languages_____ John speak?
a. do b. does c. did d. will
3. Hurry! The train________ I don't want to miss it.
a. comes b. is coming c. came d. has come
4. Angelina Jolie is a famous actress. She ________ in several film.
a. appears b. is appearing c. appeared d. has appeared
5. I saw Maggie at the party. She ________ in several film.
a. wears b. wore c. was wearing d. has worn
6. What time________ the next train leave?
a. does b. will c. shall d. would
7. Monica________ with her sister at the moment until she finds a flat.
a. stays b. is staying c. will stay d. is going to stay
8. After I________ lunch, I looked for my bag.
a. had b. had had c. have has d. have had
9. By the end of next year, George________ English for 2 years.
a. will have learned b. will learn c. has leaned d. would learn
10. The man got out of the car,_______ round to the back and opened the boot.
a. walking b. walked c. walks d. walk
11. For several years his ambition ________ to be a pilot.
a. is b. has been c. was d. had been
12. Henry________ into the restaurant when the writer was having dinner.
a. was going b. went c. has gone d. did go
13. He will take the dog out for a walk as soon as he ________ dinner.
a. finish b. finishes c. will finish d. shall have finished
14. Before you asked, the letter________
a. was written b. had been written c. had written d. has been written
15. She ________ English at RMIT these days.
a. studies b. is studying c. will study d. is gong to study
16. She's at her best when she________ big decisions.
a. is making b. makes c. had made d. will make
17. We________ next vacation in London.
a. spend b. are spending c. will spend d. are going to spend
18. Robert________ tomorrow morning on the 10:30 train.
a. arrived b. is arriving c. has arrived d. would arrive
19. Look! The bus________
a. left b. has left c. leaves d. is leaving
20. Mike________ one hour ago.
a. phoned b. was phoning c. had phoned d. has phoned

BÀI 6:


1. He ............... to New York three times this year.
       A. was                                B. had been                    C. is                                 D. has been
 2. My parents first _____ each other at the Olympic Games in 1982.
       A. meet                              B. have met                    C. met                             D. had meet
 3. When I came to visit her last night, she _____ a bath.
       A. is having                        B. was having                C. had                              D. has
 4. Wait here until I ____________back.
       A. came                              B. will come                   C. am coming                  D. come
 5. The second World War _________________in 1939.
       A. started                           B. starts                         C. has started                 D. start
 6. Mary ______ dinner when her friend ______ at 6.30 yesterday.
       A. is having / calls            B. was having / called  C. had / called                D. had / calling
 7. Who ______ when I came? - Mrs. Brown.
       A. you were talking to      B. were you talking to   C. are you talking to       D. you are talking to
 8. He ______ ill for a long time before he ______ in 1990.
       A. had been / died            B. has been / died         C. is / dies                      D. was / had died
 9. Wait here until I _______________you.
       A. call                                 B. will call                      C. am going to call          D. am calling
 10. We ______ as soon as you have finished your work.
       A. will go                           B. go                               C. went                           D. have gone
 11. While I ____________TV last night, a mouse ran across the room.
       A. was watching                B. am watching              C. watched                      D. watch
 12. I ______ the book by the time you come tonight.
       A. will be finishing            B. have finished             C. will have finished       D. finished
 13. Television ___________ very popular since 1950s.
       A. has been                        B. was                            C. had been                     D. is
 14. I ______ TV while my father ______ a newspaper last night.
       A. am watching / was reading                                B. was watching / was reading
       C. am watching / is reading                                    D. was watching / is reading       
 15. Peter _____________ at the moment, so he can't answer the phone.
       A. has worked                   B. is working                  C. worked                       D. works
 16. Don't go anywhere until I ______ back.
       A. came                              B. have come                 C. come                           D. will come
 17. She didn't tell me the reason why she ______ to school the day before.
       A. didn't come                   B. hadn't come               C. wouldn't come            D. doesn't come
 18. The house caught fire while they ____________.
       A. are sleeping                  B. have slept                  C. were sleeping            D. sleep
 19. There ______________ no rule about the movement of traffic before the Pope came to visit Paris.
       A. has been                        B. was                            C. had been                     D. is
 20. The King just ____________ here yesterday.
       A. had come                       B. comes                        C. has come                    D. came
 21. While I ________________ along the road, I saw a friend of mine.
       A. cycled                            B. was cycling                C. had cycled                  D. were cycling
 22. It is the largest ship I______________
       A. had seen                        B. saw                            C. have ever seen          D. see
 23. I ________________ ghost in my life.
       A. has never seen             B. never saw                  C. had never seen          D. have never seen
 24. Mary ____________ an hour ago.
       A. phoned                          B. has phoned                C. phones                        D. was phoning
 25. The light went out while I _______________dinner.
       A. has                                 B. was having                C. am having                   D. had
 26. This is the house that Jack ______ three years ago.
       A. was building                  B. builds                         C. had built                     D. built
 27. He ___________ the effects of radiation when he suddenly died                
       A. was studying                 B. studied                       C. had been studying      D. has studied
 28. The train ______ when I ______ at the station.
       A. already left / had arrived                                   B. already had left / arrived
       C. left already / had arrived                                   D. had already left / arrived        
 29. Everyone was asleep when the enemy _____________
       A. had attacked                 B. attacked                     C. was attacking             D. attacking
 30. Don't make noise. My mother ________________with her friends.
       A. talked                            B. talks                           C. is talking                     D. was talking
 31. She ______ the piano since she ______ ten years old.
       A. played / was                 B. has played / has been                                      C. has played / was       D. had played / was
 32. Up to now, I _________________ a lot of information about her.
       A. learnt                             B. would learn               C. learn                           D. have learnt
 33. Mary ___________ in London for 15 years.
       A. lives                               B. was living                  C. is living                       D. has lived
 34. We were disappointed that most guests ___________ when we arrived at the party.
       A. had left                          B. has left                       C. left                              D. leave
 35. He never goes home before he ______ his work.
       A. finished                         B. has finished               C. had finished                D. finishing
 36. Before cars ______, people ______ horses and bicycles.
       A. were discovered / had used                               B. has been discovered / have been using
       C. is discovered / using                                           D. discovering / used
 37. I ______ my writing by 3 o'clock this afternoon.
       A. will finish                      B. finish                          C. will have finished       D. finished
 38. How ______ since we ______ school?
       A. will you / left                B. are you / left             C. have you been / had left             D. have you been / left
 39. When I last ___________ Jane, she ____________ to find a job.
       A. have seen/ tried           B. saw/ tried                 C. see/ is trying             D. saw/ was trying
 40. Next week when there ______ a full moon, the ocean tides will be higher.
       A. is                                    B. will be                        C. is being                       D. will have been
 41. I sat near a window whenever I ______ a bus.
       A. have taken                    B. had took                     C. took                            D. take
 42. When I last saw him, he _________in London.
       A. is living                          B. was living                  C. has lived                     D. has been living
 43. We ________________Mary since last Saturday.
       A. don't see                       B. hadn't seen                C. didn't see                    D. haven't seen
 44. The train __________________haft an hour ago.
       A. has left                          B. had left                      C. left                              D. has been leaving
 45. By Christmas, I ________________for Mr. Smith for six years.
       A. shall have been working   B. shall be working   C.  shall work                 D. have been working
 46. I'll come and see you before I ____________for HCM City.
       A. will leave                      B. shall leave                 C. have left                     D. leave
 47. Jack ___________ the door.
       A. has just opened            B. opening                      C. open                            D. will have opened
 48. By the age of 25, he ________________two famous novels.
       A. had written                   B. has written                C. writes                         D. wrote
 49. After I ____________lunch, I looked for my bag.
       A. have had                       B. had had                      C. had                              D. was having
 50. The man got out of the car, ______round to the back and opened the door.
       A. walk                              B. walking                      C. walks                          D. walked
 51. Before you asked, the letter ________________.
       A. has been written           B. was written               C. had been written        D. had written
 52. I ______________in Hanoi before I moved to HCM City.
       A. had been living             B. had lived                    C. have lived                   D. have been living
 53. She __________the painting when I came.
       A. painted                          B. has been painting      C. was painting               D. has painted  
 54. When I was a boy, I _____________tea to coffee.
       A. preferred                       B. was preferring          C. have preferred           D. prefer
 55. I _____________swim in this river when I was young.
       A. was used to                   B. am used to                 C. used to                        D. use to
 56. She came into the room while they ______________television.
       A. are watching                 B. were watching          C. watched                      D. have watched
 57. It's an hour since he ____________, so he must be at the office now.
       A. is leaving                       B. was leaving               C. has left                       D. left
 58. He __________up his mind yet.
       A. hasn't made                  B. didn't make                C. wasn't making            D. wasn't make
 59. My teacher arrived after I __________________for him for ten minutes.
       A. was waiting                  B. had waited                 C. waited                        D. have waited
 60. By the end of next year, George ___________English for two years.
       A. will learn                       B. will have learned      C. would learn                D. has learned
 61. The children are still ill but they __________better gradually.
       A. getting                           B. get                              C. are getting                  D. are got
 62. Tom and Mary _________for Vietnam tomorrow.
       A. have left                        B. leaving                       C. leave                           D. are leaving
 63. I _______this film twice.
       A. have seen                      B. will see                      C. saw                             D. see
 64. -Peter, please help me do the washing up. - Sorry, Mum. I ______ TV.
       A. had watched                 B. am watching              C. watched                      D. watch
 65. The farmers _____ in the field now.
       A. are working                  B. were working            C. worked                       D. have worked
 66. The war _____ out three years ago.
       A. broke                             B. was breaking             C. has broken                 D. had broken
 67. He ______ a cup of coffee every morning.
       A. drinks                            B. has drunk                   C. drank                          D. is drinking
 68. She ______ a lot of new books.
       A. has just bought             B. had just bought         C. bought                        D. buys
 69. Up to the present, Nam_____ good work in his class.
       A. did                                 B. has done                    C. does                            D. had done
 70. At present, that author ______ a historical novel.
       A. is writing                       B. had written                C. has written                 D. was writing
 71. By next month, I _____ my first novel.
       A. am going to finish         B. will have finished      C. finish                           D. will finish
 72. Phong ______ at the university so far.
       A. has worked                   B. worked                      C. had worked                D. was working
 73. How long _____ able to drive? =>  Since 1990.
       A. were you                       B. could you                   C. have you been            D. are you
 74. They ______ since eight o'clock.
       A. are talking                     B. have been talking      C. talk                             D. talked
 75. My brother _______ in the army from 1990 to 1995.
       A. has served                    B. had served                 C. is serving                    D. served
 76. At this moment, I _____ that we have a good chance of victory.
       A. feel                                B. was feeling                C. had been feeling        D. am feeling
 77. I _____ the money from him yet.
       A. will receive                   B. don't receive             C. am receiving              D. haven't received
 78. This is the most interesting book _____ .
       A. I've ever read               B.  I had read                 C. I've never read          D. I've read
 79. I ____ him ten days ago.
       A. will see                          B. have seen                  C. saw                             D. see
 80. It ______ a long time since I last saw him.
       A. was                                B. is                                C. will be                         D. had been
 81. Mr. John_______ to Los Angeles in 1992.
       A. was going                      B. had gone                    C. went                           D. has gone
 82. What ______  to you yesterday?
       A. had happened               B. has happened            C. did happen                  D. happened
 83. I never go to Australia. I _____ to Australia yet.
       A. will go                           B. went                           C. haven't been              D. have been
 84. My mother ______ in this factory since 1990
       A. works                            B. worked                      C. had worked                D. has worked
 85. I _____ my hair before breakfast this morning.
       A. had washed                   B. have washed             C. was washing              D. washed
 86. I _____ about him when he suddenly came in.
       A. am talking                     B. talked                         C. was talking                 D. talk
 87. He will finish this work before you _______ here tomorrow.
       A. would leave                  B. are going to leave     C. will leave                    D. leave
 88. He _____ in this office for ten years by next Monday.
       A. will be working             B. would be working     C.  will work                   D. will have been working
 89. No sooner _____ the office than the telephone rang.
       A. was he leaving              B. he was leaving          C. had he left                  D. he had left
 90. George______ this movie three times.
       A. sees                               B. had seen                    C. saw                             D. has seen
 91. Food, air and clothes _______ necessary for life.
       A. is                                    B. are                             C. were                           D. was
 92. He ______ a visit to Halong Bay in 1995.
       A. has paid                         B. had paid                     C. paid                             D. pays
 93. This morning while I ______ for the bus, the rain stopped.
       A. had waited                    B. was waiting               C. have waited               D. waited
 94. What _____ during the last few weeks.
       A. were you doing             B. did you do                  C. have you been doing D. had you been doing 
 95. Up to now, the teacher _______ our class five tests.
       A. has given                       B. had given                   C. gives                           D. is giving
 96. The students  _____ English now.
       A. study                             B. are studying              C. have studied               D. will study
 97. I don't feel good. I _____ work tomorrow.
       A. won't be going              B. went                           C. won't go to                 D. don't go
 98. He is tired because he ____ all day.
       A. had worked                   B. worked                      C. has worked                D. works
 99. We _____ in this house for ten years.
       A. have lived                     B. had lived                    C. are living                    D. were living
 100. She ____ in the departure lounge for a long time.
       A. waits                             B. is waiting                   C. was waiting                D. has waited
 101. I ______ my driving test on Friday last week.
       A. had passed                    B. have passed              C. was passing               D. passed
 102. I ______ a vegetarian since 1998.
       A. am                                 B. have been                  C. had been                     D. was
 103. The motorway ____ in 1986.
       A. finished                         B. has finished               C. finishes                       D.  was finished
 104. I hope you _____ more carefully in the future.
       A. write                              B. wrote                         C. would write                D. will write
 105. She _____ English before she came to England.
       A. had studied                   B. studied                       C. would study                D. studies
 106. We usually go ______ after work.
       A. fished                            B. to fishing                    C. fish                              D. fishing
 107. She'll be a millionaire by the time she _____ forty.
       A. was                                B. will be                        C. is                                 D. is going to be
 108. I've been waiting for my friends. I wonder if they_____ their way.
       A. would lose                     B. have lost                    C. will lose                      D. had lost
 109. He said everything _____ all right.
       A. can be                            B. will be                        C. is                                 D. would be
 110. It is raining now. it began raining two hours ago. It ______ for two hours.
       A. has rained                     B. has been raining        C. had rained                  D. is raining
 111. He ______ his job last month and since then he ________ out of work.
       A. lost/ had been              B. had lost/ was            C. lost / has been           D. has lost/ is
 112. At this time  tomorrow, my father ____ in London.
       A. will be arriving             B. has arrived                C. is arriving                   D. would arrive
 113. In a few hours, we ______ the test, and we'll go home and rest.
       A. are finishing                  B. have finished             C. will have finished       D. will be finishing
 114. People ____ English and French in Canada.
       A. are speaking                 B. had spoken                C. have spoken               D. speak
 115. The car isn't here today because Dick ______ it.
       A. has used                        B. is using                      C. used                            D. uses
 116. "When did you come here?" "I ____ here since last Sunday."
       A. was                                B. have been                  C. am                               D. had been
 117. The baby_____. Don't make so much noise.
            A. sleep           B. is sleeping  C. slept            D. sleeps

BÀI 7:


1.       Last year, my son was  lost among the crowd when we have gone shopping.
            A                                B      C                                              D                               
2.       The problem has turned out to be more serious than we will have thought.
                                     A                 B                           C                  D
3.       Almost 300 million people had visited America’s national parks every year.
              A                                           B                           C                          D
4.       They have studied English before they  went to London.
                          A                          B                 C         D
5.       They has got married for 30 years by the end of this month.
                           A              B                 C                       D
6.       They will help you whenever you will ask them.
                     A                        B                  C       D
7.       When Sam will arrive, he will open the gift.
          A               B                             C     D
8.       Did you say that you will have a lot of things to do the following week?
                              A            B                                    C                D
9.       When we arrived at the station, the train has already left.
                                    B   C                                      D
10.    Did your doctor recommend you that you will stop smoking?
          A                             B                                      C         D
11.     Up to now, there had been no woman being chosen the US president.
                                           A       B                           C                        D
12.    The neighbors are having a party. They are making so much noise since 6 o’clock. I can’t sleep.
                                       A                                     B                                    C                              D
13.    Don’t leave the house until I will get back.
           A        B                      C            D
14.    I was walking along the pavement when I realized that there has been  a man following me. 
                A                                                B           C                            D
15.    Some students have always complain that they do not have enough money to spend.
                                                           A                            B                C                     D
16.    Peter has been written the composition for 3 hours and he has not finished yet.
                          A                                           B                                      C             D
17.    We were a few minute late so the film was already started when we got to the cinema.
                 A                                B                            C                                 D
18.    By the time the police come, the robber had run away.
                A          B                C                          D
19.    Why didn’t Peter go to school? What did happened to him?
                    A                       B                               C         D
20.    I was listening to the radio when the door bell  will ring.
                   A          B                     C                             D
21.    Phuc never go to bed before he has finished his homework.
                           A               B                 C                        D
22.    I have learnt English for I was ten years old.
                A                        B       C              D
23.    Yesterday evening while I was watching TV, Mai pays me a visit.
                                           A             B                             C           D
24.    We went out for a walk after we had our dinner.
                    A        B               C           D

BÀI 8:


David ( be ) . . . born after his father ( die ). .. 2. Please be quiet! I ( work ) . . . 3. Mr Jackson ( paint ) . . . . .. his house since last month. 4. Yesterday thieves ( break ) . . . .. into the house and ( steal ) . . . . a lot of fur coats while the guests ( dance ) . . . . .. 5. He ( do ) . . . . .. his homework before he went to the cinema 6. He often ( say ) . . . . . . .. OK when he ( talk ) . . . . .. . with the guests 7. Tom ( not come ) . . . . . . . here tomorrow 8. Listen! The bird ( sing ) . . . . . 9. Someone ( cut ) . . . . . . down all the trees in the garden 10. Mr Pike ( live ) . . . . . . . here since last October 11. Some animals ( not eat ) . . . . . . . . .. . . . during winter. 12. We ( not receive ) . . . ... any letters from him since he ( leave ) . . . . . four months ago. 13. How long you ( study ) . . . . . .. . . in this school? 14. It ( rain ) . . . . . . .. . . when we arrived.
BÀI 9:


1) That was a very strange question (ask) ......................... .
2) It was very kind of you (show).......................... the way.
3) The teacher let him (stay) ................... at home to finish the assignment.
4) It was quite a surprise (see) ........................ him again.
32) I overheard him (say) ................... that he didn’t want to learn Math.
5) She stood there and watched him (drive) ...................... away.
6) It was very difficult for her (drive)....................... the motorbike.
7) I could feel the robber (come) ...................... from the backdoor.
8) I suddenly remembered that I (forget) ................... my keys.
9) While Diana (watch) ............................. her favourite TV programme, there (be) .......................a power cut.
10) Who (drive) .................... the car at the time of the accident?
11) David (eat) .................... Japanese food before, so he (know) .......................... what to order.
12) I (do) .................... some shopping yesterday, when I (see) ....................... your friend.
13) What .............. you (do).................. when I (come) .................. to your office yesterday?
14) Laura (miss) ....................... the party because no one (tell) ......................... her about it.
15) I don’t remember (tell) ...................... of the decision to change the company policy on vacations.
16) Ms Drake expects (consult) ...................... about any revisions in her manuscript before it is printed.
17) Sally gave a good speech that I couldn’t insist (applaud) ................. loudly when she finished.
18) Tommy admitted (throw) ................. the rock through the window.
19) Paul really didn’t mind (surprise) ....................... by the party to celebrate this fortieth birthday.
20) Anne hoped (invite) ........................ to join the private club.
21) Most people enjoy (travel) ...................... to different parts of the world.
22) May I change the TV channel, or do you want (watch) .................... more of this programme?
23) It is easy (see) .................. animals on the road in daylight.
24) I asked him (explain) .................... but he refused (say) ................... any thing.
25) It is pleasant (sit) ..................... by the fire at night.
26) There was no way of (get) ...................... out of the building except by (climb) ...................... down a rope.
27) It’s no good (write) ..................... to him; he never answers letters.
28) Ask him (come) ..................... in. Don’t keep him (stand) .................... at the door.
29) We watched the children (jump) ................. from a window and (fall) ............... into a blanket held by people below.
30) It is very pleasant (wake) ........................ up and (hear) ...................... the rain (beat) ................. on
the windows.
31) If someone (walk)...................... in here with a gun, I would be very frightened.
32) I’m sure he (understand) ...................... if you explain the situation to her.
33) If she hadn’t walked to the meeting, she (not be).................. late.
34) He always (complain) ........................ if I’m late.
35) If he spoke more clearly, we (understand) ................................... him.
36) If the woman (say) ................... what she wanted, I wouldn’t have put the phone down.
37) If they arrived in time, they (see) ..................... the ceremony.

BÀI 10:


1. The sun always ( rise )……in the East. Look! It (rise)…..
2. I don’t think I (go)…. Out tonight. I’m too tired.
3. Where you (spend)…… your summer holiday last year, Linh?
4. In my country, it (not rain)……. Much in winter.
5. Let’s wait for Lien (arrive)…. And we ( have) dinner.
6. The moon (go)…… around the Earth.
7. Mai (be)….. very happy when she (receive)……. A letter from her sister this morning.
8. He (be)….. 40 years old. He ( have)…. A large ears and he (wear)…. Glasses.
9. Let’s (see)….
10. Would you like ( join)…. My class next Sunday? We (visit)….. the local museum.
11. My father (read)…. Now. He always (read)…. a book  after dinner.
12. A friend of my brother (call)… him last night, but he ( not be) at home. So I ( take) a message for him.
13. Are you busy this evening? + Yes, I (meet)…… Tuan at the library at seven. We (study) together.
14. Mai (phone)…… you when shw comes back.
15. When we (be) ….. small, our family (live)…. In the countryside.
16. A: Miss Trang is in the hospital. – B: Yes, I know. I ( visit) her tomorrow.
17. I (read)… an interesting book at the moment. I (lend)…. It to you when I finish it.
18. Look at those black clouds. It (rain)………..
19. I ( not invite)…. He to the party because I (forget)…. Her phone number.
20. Look! Our new teacher (come)….. She (have)….long, black hair.
21. You should (study)…. Harder.
22. I (use)…..to smoke a lot, but now I don’t.
23. Linh used to (drive)…. Carelessly, but now, he doesn’t. He (drive) …. Carefully.
24. The boy like (play)….. games but hate (do)…. Lessons.
25. Please stop (talk)…..; I (try)…. (finish)….. a letter to the Y & Y Green Group.
26. His doctor advised him (give up)…. (smoke)…..
27. By (work)…… day and night he succeeded in ( finish)…. The job in time.
28. There ( be)…. Many volunteers in SEA GAMES 22nd in Vietnam in 2003.
29. How long you (know)…. Mrs. Chi? --- I (know)…. Her for five years.
30. Your do ever (bite)…. Anyone?--- Yes. He (bite)… a policeman last week.
31. We( not see)….. her since We (be)…. On holiday in Halong Bay.
32. Linh (not finish)…. Her homework yet.
33. My sister ( be) a student for two years.
34. We (live)…. Here sine 1999.
35. I ( not see) …. Linh since my birthday.
36. She ( be)…. Away for five days.
37. That building (be)…. there since the 19 cnetury.
38. I (know)….. them for many years.
39. The weather ( become)…. Colder and colder in December.
40. He (cut)…. My hair too short. – Don’t worry; it (grow)…. Again very quickly.
41. I (not go)…. Out this evening. I (stay)…. At home.
42. The film (begin)…. At 7.30 or 8.00?
43. I (go)…. To the country last Sunday.
44. Where the next train (leave)….?
45. What time the film (start)…..? ---- It (start)…. at 8.00p.m.
46. My uncle (not visit) …. us since he (move)…. to the new town.
47. You should practice ( speak)…. English every day.
48. It (get)…. Hotter and hotter in June.
49. The movie (start)… at 8.15 this evening.
50. We (have)…… a party next Sunday. Would you like (come)….?
51. I ( not like ) the way you behave to Linh.
52. Linh likes ( drink)… Lipton Tea.
53. Linh would like ( go )…. to the movies.
54. Would you like ( join)… with us?
55. You must ( go)….. to bed early.
56. She ought to ( study) ….. hard.
57. A: Where (be) ….Linh? --- B: He ( water)….. flowers and vegetables in the garden.
58. There (be) …. 35 students in my class.
59. My sister (be)…. Younger than yours.
60. My ruler (be) ….. as long as yours.
61. Your voice (be not)……… loud. I can’t hear you
62. She (be)………. very rich. She can build a magnificent castle
63. His legs (be)……… too short. They can’t reach the pedals.

BÀI 11:


1. The performance (begin) at 7 o'clock and (last) for three hours. We all (enjoy) it.
2. "You (be) here before?" "Yes, I (spend) my holidays here last year."
3. He (leave) for London 2 years ago and I (not see) him since.
4. You (be) to the laboratory this week?
5. "You (find) the key which you (lose) yesterday?" "Yes. I (find) it in the pocket of my other coat."
6. I (see) him in the library today. We (be) there together.
7. We never (meet) him. We don't know what he looks like.
8. I suppose when I (come) back in two years 'time, They (pull) down all these old buildings.
9. We (finish) all our housework by tomorrow evening.
10. "your face (be) dirty, Tom." "All right, I (wash) it"

BÀI 12:


I.Passive infinitive
1. Janice is going to fill out an application. She wants ............................... for the job.
A. to consider B. to be considered
2. the mail is supposed ............................... at noon.
A. to deliver B. to be delivered
3. the children appear ............................... about the trip.
A. to drive B. to be driven
4. your compositions are supposed ............................... in ink.
A. to write B. to be written
5. Lan expected ............................... to the university, but she wasn't
A. to admit B. to be admitted

II.Passive gerund
1.I don’t appreciate ............................... when I'm speaking.
A. interrupting B. being interrupted
2.Avoid ............................... your houseplants too much water.
A. giving B. being given
3.The mountain climbers are in danger of ............................... by an avalanche.
A. killing B. being killed
4.Does Dr.Johnson mind ............................... at hoe if his patients need his help?
A. calling B. being called
5.I'm interested in ............................... my communicating skills.
A. improving B. being improve
6.Mrs. Gates appreciated ............................... breakfast in bed when she wasn't felling well.
A. serving B. being served
7.Jack Wells has a good chance of ............................... I know I'm going to vote for him.
A. Electing B. being elected
8.Sally's low test scores kept her from ............................... to the university.
A. admitting B. being admitted
9.Mr. Miller gave no indication of ............................... his mind.
A. changing B. being changed
10.Sometimes adolescents complain about not ............................... by their parents.
A. understanding B. being understood.

III.Passive infinitive and gerund
1.The owner of the building supply store doesn't mind ............................... his customers discounts when they buy in large quantities.
A. giving B. being given C. to give D. to be given
2.The City Parks Department ins putting in several miles of new trails because so many people have said that they enjoy ............................... on them
A. walking B. being walked C. to walk D. to be walked
3.I don’t' remember ............................... of the decision to change the company policy on vacations.
A. telling B. being told C. to tell D. to be told
4.Ms. Drake expects ............................... about any revisions in her manuscript before it is printed.
A. consulting B. being consulted C. to consult D. to be consulted
5.Sally gave such a good speech that I couldn't resist ............................... loudly when she finished
A. applauding B.being applauded C. to applaud D. to be applauded
6.Tommy admitted ............................... the rock through the window.
A. throwing B. being thrown C. to throw D. to be thrown
7.If you want to develop inner tranquility, you have to stop .................. by very little thing that happens.
A. bothering B. being bothered C. to bother D. to be bothered
8.Paul really didn't mind ............................... by the party to celebrate his fortieth birthday, although he told his friends that they shouldn't have done it.
A. surprising B. being surprised C. to surprise D. to be surprised
9.Anne hoped ...................... to join the private club. She could make important business contacts there.
A. to invite B. to be invited C. inviting D. being invited
10.Do you mind ............................... at home if there is an emegency ?
A. to call B. to be called C. calling D. being called

FULL INFINITIVE, BARE INFINITIVE or PASSIVE INFINITIVE. Supply the correct form of the verbs in the brackets.
1. Did you expect ………. to Ms. Thoa’s party? (invite)
2. Thùy Vương always wants ……… (praise)
3. Does our house need …….., Dad? (modernize)
4. Did you ask her ……… to the get-together next Sunday? (come)
5. Show me how this microwave oven ……. (operate)
6. We heard the man …… goodbye to the host in Chinese. (say)
7. This book is easy ….. at any shop round here. (find)
8. Who was the first person …….. into the classroom? (come)
9. No one was found ……. guilty. (be)
10. We watched a strange man …….. your house at the time. (enter)
11. You are expected ……. home by midnight, son. (get)
12. It’s pleasant …….. you again after such a long time. (see)
13. How often does Mum have Dad …….. the cooking? (do)
14. Let no one ……. anything in my office while I am away. (touch)
15. No one can make him …….. what he doesn’t like. (do)
16. The little boy was left ……… home alone. (stay)
17. Everyone neeeds to love or …….. (love)
18. This food has ……. in oil, not in fat. (cook)
19. Dad told me what gifts …… first. (open)
20. To be honest, I don’t like ……. in such a way. (talk to)

BÀI 13:


1) He met his fỉend while he (drive) home
2) I (stay) here until he(come) tomorrow
3) Our living conditions (be) much better in the future
4) When the war (end) we(live) in London
5) Tomorrow, when you go into the office, Mrs. Green(sit) at the front desk
6) It's ages since Tom (visit) us
7)This is the best wine I ever drink
8) When she(sing) her song, she(sit) down
9) When she arrived, I (wait) for two and half an hour
10) Linda is from Australia. Now she (travel) round Europe. She (began) her town three months ago. She(travel) around Europe for three months and she (visit) six countries so far

BÀI 14:


BÀI 15:


BÀI 16:


BÀI 17:


BÀI 18:


BÀI 19:


BÀI 20:


BÀI 21:


BÀI 22:


BÀI 23:


BÀI 24:


BÀI 25:


BÀI 26:


BÀI 27:


BÀI 28:


BÀI 29:


BÀI 30:


BÀI 31:


BÀI 32:


BÀI 33:


BÀI 34:


BÀI 35:


BÀI 36:


BÀI 37:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Soundtrak of DaiNgan'Blog